- 6 Days / 5 nights (6 Days / 5 nights)
- No transportation provided - Starts in Dijon
- Conducted in English, French
- Duration Of The Tour - 6 Days / 5 nights
Day 1: Dijon
Arrival in Dijon and check-in the hotel.
Day 2: Dijon – Gevrey Chambertin ~17km
Continue exploring DIJON in the morning (plenty to choose among - the Archeological Museum, the Sacred Art Museum in Sainte Anne‘s Chapel, and an excellent museum that chronicles the life, costumes and cottage industries of Burgundy).
At the end of the morning you can depart for a walk in the direction of Marsannay-la-Côte, or take a local transportation to Marsannay to avoid walking through Dijon’s agglomeration. From Marsannay, a city reputed for its rosé wines (unique in the Burgundian region), you will walk towards Fixey, where a 10th century church stands, the oldest in the region.
Pass Fixin and Noisot Park (the reward to a captain for his loyalty to Napoleon), and continue through Brochon to reach Gevrey-Chambertin, a wine town still guarded by an ancient fortified castle. Lodging and breakfast in a 3-star hotel.
Day 3: Gevrey Chambertin – Vougeot (10km)
Cross through the Grand Cru vineyards towards Morey Saint Denis. Pass by the village of Chambolle Musigny, at the beginning of a narrow valley, and head to one of the more famous sites of Burgundy, the majestic Château de Clos Vougeot.
A visit to the château reveals a 12th century wine cellar and gigantic wine press. Overnight stay in charming 3* hotel facing the vineyards.
Day 4: Vougeot- Beaune (30km)
Your path continues across the Echezeaux and Grand Echezeaux vineyards and then brings you to hallowed ground and the heart of some of the world’s greatest vineyards: La Romanée, Romanée-Conti, Richebourg, la Tâche. After Nuits Saint Georges walk takes you uphill, past vineyard-covered slopes, to the Hautes-Cotes de Nuits. The landscape is delightful, with beautiful views across the valley.
Pass through the village of Villers-la-Faye, with its 11th century church sitting upon Mont Saint Victor, and then Magny-les-Villers.
Descending into the Côtes de Beaune, come upon Pernant-Vergelesses and one of the most picturesque little villages in the area, Aloxe-Corton, famous for white wines like Corton-Charlemagne, one of the best in Burgundy. Continue to Chorey, and then Beaune, a magical Burgundian city of medieval charm, famous for its hospices and ramparts. Lodging and breakfast in a 2-star hotel.
Day 5: Beaune – Meursault (15km)
Leave Beaune by way of La Bouzaise park and walk through the first Premiers Crus vineyards, heading to Pommard. This well-known village is huddled tightly around a church that is most remarkable for its square bell-tower. The wines of the village, celebrated around the globe, are of outstanding quality, deeply-coloured, firm and honest. Pass through Volnay and Monthélie, with its Romanesque church built in the 12th century, and Auxey-Duresses, a small village in a picturesque valley. Each of these villages produces its own distinct red and white wines, uniquely elegant and refined. After passing over the last vineyard-covered hill, you will fall upon Meursault, a beautiful village reputed for its white wines. Dinner, lodging and breakfast in a 2-star hotel.
Day 6: Departure
The route leads through the vineyards, we see on billboards the names of wines among the best known.
The valleys and steep rocks overhanging surfaces with impressive views over the vineyards. You can imagine being in high mountain!
natural paradise of Burgundy - mediterranean vegetation rubs the mountain.
Wine and gastronomy.
Difficulty : 2
This price includes :
- 5 B&B nights in 2* and 3* hotels,
- Detailed walking itinerary and maps,
- Luggage transfers,
- Hot line.
- Day 6 Departure
Yearly (Jan 1 .. Dec 31)
Departure at your leisure.
$683.90 USD per adult.
$683.90 USD per child.
Departure at your leisure
Deposit and Cancellation policies
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 80% of the total price will be refunded in case of a cancellation occurring and being confirmed more than 15 days prior to Tour Date. In case of a cancellation occuring closer to the Tour Date, refunds are not guaranteed. It is to the Tour Operator's discretion to issue a refund. Please note: On Special Dates (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentines Day and July 14) there will be no refund for tours purchased and confirmed, even if the cancellation occurs more than 15 days prior to the tour date).
How to Book
- Click the Book Now button.
- Complete the booking procedure.
- If your tour is available, within 2 business days you'll receive an email with the local operator's contact details as well as the exact address for your meeting point.
- If your tour is not available for the date you requested, we'll offer to rebook on an available tour, or we will refund your credit card.
- Print your email confirmation and give it to the driver/guide at the start of your tour.
ADD TO WISH LIST