- Multi-Day (3 Days/2 Nights)
- - Starts in Avignon
- Conducted in en
- Duration Of The Tour - 3 Days/2 Nights
Check in your hotel in Avignon.
Visit of Avignon and the Palace of Popes, the world's largest Gothic edifice on your own.
Free time to discover the uniquely charming city of Avignon on your own. From the Palace of Popes, in just about any direction are the smaller squares frequented by the locals, such as the Place Pie, with its covered market (open 6AM to 1PM everyday) which sells fresh produce, cheeses, wines, and produits du pays.
Dinner (not included) Overnight in your double room at the 3*** hotel.
After enjoying your (included) breakfast you'll join the scheduled 9:00 AM departure of a small-group full-day tour that will bring you to the following landmarks:
ORANGE: panoramic tour of the city: roman monuments: Triumphal Arch, Antic theater (entrance included with audioguide) one of the best preserved of Roman period.
CHÂTEAUNEUF DU PAPE: sightseeing in the vineyards and wine tasting in a cellar.
ST REMY DE PROVENCE: Photo stop at the Roman monuments. Visit the city where Nostradamus was born; follow the paths of Vincent Van Gogh who lived in Saint-Remy for a short time. Wander the old-town of St. Remy.: the fountains are worth a stop, and are usually flanked by cafes, perfect for a nice rest and "un" cafe.
LES BAUX DE PROVENCE: stop & visit of the very impressive medieval village built on a rocky spur in the Alpilles mountains.
ARLES: walking tour of the Roman City: arenas, Antic Theatre, look at the main places painted by Van Gogh during his stay in 1888-89.
Traditional provençal market (Thursday, Orange; Saturday, Arles).
Lunch on your own.
Return to Avignon. Dinner (not included) Overnight in your double room at the 3*** hotel.
After your breakfast (included), you'll join a half-day small-group guided panoramic tour of the most beautiful hilltop villages in Provence: ROUSSILLON (stop),
SENANQUES ABBEY* (June 15 - July 15: Lavender Fields, photo stop), visit of the Lavender Museum in Coustellet.
Please note that the Provencal markets are in Gordes on Tuesdays and in Roussillon on Thursdays.
Return to Avignon.
End of our services.
2 night accommodation in a 3 *** hotel in Avignon. Taxes and breakfast included. Price is based on double occupancy.
Small-group English-speaking tours as listed in Day 1 and Day 2.
Lunches and dinners.
Entrance fees (unless otherwise indicated).
From April 1st to October 30 (Jan 1 .. Dec 31)
Departure at .
$465.30 USD per adult.
$465.30 USD per child.
From April 1st to October 30:
Deposit and Cancellation policies
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 80% of the total price will be refunded in case of a cancellation occurring and being confirmed more than 15 days prior to Tour Date. In case of a cancellation occuring closer to the Tour Date, refunds are not guaranteed. It is to the Tour Operator's discretion to issue a refund. Please note: On Special Dates (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentines Day and July 14) there will be no refund for tours purchased and confirmed, even if the cancellation occurs more than 15 days prior to the tour date).
How to Book
- Click the Book Now button.
- Complete the booking procedure.
- If your tour is available, within 2 business days you'll receive an email with the local operator's contact details as well as the exact address for your meeting point.
- If your tour is not available for the date you requested, we'll offer to rebook on an available tour, or we will refund your credit card.
- Print your email confirmation and give it to the driver/guide at the start of your tour.
ADD TO WISH LIST