- Overnight (2 days / 1 night)
- Minibus (8 people max.) - Starts in Marseille
- Conducted in English, French
- Duration Of The Tour - 2 days / 1 night
* Excursion to Cassis creeks
* Half day boat cruise
* Cooking class “Bouillabaisse”
* Avignon and the city of pope
* Pont du Gard
* Fontaine de Vaucluse
Day 1: CASSIS - COOKING CLASS - MARSEILLLE VISIT
8:45am: Pick up in Marseille in private car with English speaking driver.
9:45am You’ll board on a our motor boat for a half-day tour of the main creeks (known under the local name of 'Calanques') of Marseille and Cassis, World Heritage classified by UNESCO, famous for turquoise waters and white cliffs. Duration: 3 hours
You’ll explore the wonders of Cassis and discover some of unspoiled spots. Stop in remote creeks for a swim in pristine waters and relax in the Mediterranean sun.
Scuba gear is provided
Complementary non alcoholic drinks
Underwater camera is available for free.The pictures will be emailed to you upon return from the excursion.
Noon:. Transfer to your accommodation.
Leisure time to stroll down the beaches and have lunch (Not included in the price).
2:00 PM: You'll visit the Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde and enjoy the panoramic view of
4:00 PM: Departure for your cooking classes in a French restaurant in Marseille.
You will learn from the chef how to make "La bouillabaisse", a traditional local recipe, a seafood lover's ultimate trip! Duration: 3 hours
The class is followed by a diner at the restaurant featuring the famous Bouillabaisse or specialty fish.
Return to your accommodation in a 3*** Bed and Breakfast
Night in Marseille
Day 2: AVIGNON, FONTAINE DE VAUCLUSE, GORDES AND ROUSSILLON.
8:00 AM: Departure for Avignon and the city of the Popes
The day starts with a first stop at the Pont du Gard aqueduct, one of the most beautiful Roman
constructions and an iconic landmark of Provence, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
This aqueduct is a Roman monument built in only 5 years halfway through the 1st century AD. It is the longest such aqueduct in the world – 360 meters long (1,180 ft.), 50 meters high (164 ft.), 3 levels of arches.
10:00 AM You will then head to Avignon, a historic fortified city, for a guided tour of the papal city, the Popes palace and the Saint-Bénezet Bridge. The popes’ palace is both a powerful fortress and a magnificent palace. This exceptional monument recognized as UNESCO World heritage was the seat of Christian world in the 14th century.
The visit of the palace allows discovering 24 areas: ceremonials rooms, chapels, cloister and the private papal apartment.
12:30 PM: Lunch at leisure in Avignon (not included in the price).
1:30 PM: You’ll drive to Fontaine de Vaucluse, reknown for its water wheels and for its mythic spring after which the village is named.
3:30 PM: You’ll stop in the old Cistercian Abbaye de Sénanque, buit in the middle of lavender fields for a tour of the place before you head to picturesque Gordes village. This medieval village is classified as the most beautiful French village for its paved streets.
5:00 PM: You will then be taken to the Roussillon village perched atop a rock formation, from where you will have a stunning view on what we call the “Provençal Colorado”. This guided walking tou will be followed by the discovery of ancient Mathieu factory, current Ochre Conservatory and color.
Return to Marseille.
End of our services, but transfers to Marseille train station or airport are possible, as well as adding a 2nd night.
- 1 night a sea-side hotel in Marseille or bed and breakfast (certified network) Subject to availability.
- Breakfast and tax
- Excursion and boat cruise
- Cooking class and dinner
- Entrance to places of visit
- Personal expenses and purchases
THE MEETING POINT
Pick up in Marseille
Price is based on 2 people traveling together and sharing a room.
Minimum of 2 people required (Apr 1 .. Oct 31)
Departure at .
$676.80 USD per adult.
$676.80 USD per child.
Minimum of 2 people required:
Deposit and Cancellation policies
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 80% of the total price will be refunded in case of a cancellation occurring and being confirmed more than 15 days prior to Tour Date. In case of a cancellation occuring closer to the Tour Date, refunds are not guaranteed. It is to the Tour Operator's discretion to issue a refund. Please note: On Special Dates (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentines Day and July 14) there will be no refund for tours purchased and confirmed, even if the cancellation occurs more than 15 days prior to the tour date).
How to Book
- Click the Book Now button.
- Complete the booking procedure.
- If your tour is available, within 2 business days you'll receive an email with the local operator's contact details as well as the exact address for your meeting point.
- If your tour is not available for the date you requested, we'll offer to rebook on an available tour, or we will refund your credit card.
- Print your email confirmation and give it to the driver/guide at the start of your tour.
ADD TO WISH LIST