- Half-Day Tour (5 hours)
- Minibus (8 people max.) - Starts in Tourist Office of the city of Tours (Loire Valley)
- Conducted in English, French
- Duration Of The Tour - 5 hours
Get a glimpse into the lifestyle of the French nobility and marvel at the architecture and fascinating history of France in the castles of the Loire Valley.
Chenonceau Castle :
Built on the river Cher, where the unique beauty of its architecture reflects in the water, the Chateau de Chenonceau is the Val de Loire s finial. The lovely surroundings, the formal garden and the park surrounding it add to the impression of delicate grace emanating from the castle. Chenonceau is not only remarkable for its architecture and history but also for the fine quality of its collections as can be seen from the inside visit : Renaissance furniture, a vast ensemble of XVI th and XVII th centuries tapestries and a great number of masterpieces.
Amboise Castle :
This medieval fortress made way for a royal residence during the reigns of King Charles VIII and François I (late 15th – early 16th century). The Court and numerous men and women of letters and European artists stayed at Amboise on the sovereigns invitation, as did Leonardo da Vinci, for example, whose tomb is placed today in the chateau s chapel. This renowned site for French history has an exceptional collection of Gothic and Renaissance furniture, a reference of the artistic finery in the first French Renaissance. After a visit of the Royal apartments and the imposing horsemen s tower, the visit is prolonged by a stroll in the magnificent panoramic gardens overlooking the Loire river
Clos Luce Castle : Unknown to many people, Leonardo da Vinci lived out the last years of his life not in Italy, but in France, at the Clos Luce Manor house, near Amboise in the Loire Valley. The park contains many working models & illustrations from Da Vinci s own designs.
Price does not include Chateau entrance fees nor lunch.
Departure at 1.45 pm.
From Tourist Office of the city of Tours (Loire Valley)
$36.70 USD per adult.
$36.70 USD per child.
Departure at 1.45 pm
Deposit and Cancellation policies
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 80% of the total price will be refunded in case of a cancellation occurring and being confirmed more than 15 days prior to Tour Date. In case of a cancellation occuring closer to the Tour Date, refunds are not guaranteed. It is to the Tour Operator's discretion to issue a refund. Please note: On Special Dates (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentines Day and July 14) there will be no refund for tours purchased and confirmed, even if the cancellation occurs more than 15 days prior to the tour date).
How to Book
- Click the "Book Now" button on the right.
- Complete the booking procedure.
- If your tour is available, within 2 business days you'll receive an email with the local operator's contact details as well as the exact address for your meeting point.
- If your tour is not available for the date you requested, we'll offer to rebook on an available tour, or we will refund your credit card.
- Print your email confirmation and give it to the driver/guide at the start of your tour.
ADD TO WISH LIST