- 6 Days / 5 nights (6 Days / 5 nights)
- Minibus (8 people max.) - Starts in Bordeaux
- Conducted in English, French
- Duration Of The Tour - 6 Days / 5 nights
Day 1: MEDOC FULL DAY WINE TOUR
Leave Bordeaux in the morning and follow the châteaux route where you will come across such pearls as Château Margaux, Château Palmer or Mouton Rothschild. Your first stop will be in one of our selected Classified growths where you will enjoy a visit of the installations and a wine tasting session.
Then, enjoy some free time for lunch. In the afternoon, visit and wine taste in 2 other selected classified growths.
Appellations visited include Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac and Saint Estephe.
Night in Bordeaux.
Day 2: POMEROL & SAINT EMILION WINE TOUR
Today your tour will take you to the right bank of the River Garonne. Your first stop will be in one of our selected classified growth chateau's of the appellation: Pomerol or Saint Emilion.
Here you'll follow a guided visit of the installations and enjoy a wine tasting session. Then follow your guide on a walking tour of the village. After some free time for lunch and personal discovery, we will take you to another selected chateau for a visit and wine tasting session.
Return to Bordeaux after the visit and night in Bordeaux
Day 3 :TRANSFER FROM BORDEAUX TO SARLAT
This morning enjoy some free time in Bordeaux to admire some of the UNESCO monuments or why not shop in one of the longest shopping streets of Europe? After lunch, pick up at your hotel and departure transfer for the town of Sarlat la Canéda.
Night in Sarlat.
DAY 4: SARLAT MARKET & VISIT / DORDOGNE VILLAGES / GABARRE BOAT RIDE
In the morning, follow your guide for an enriching walking tour of historic Sarlat, a rich merchant town of the 18th century that has kept and renovated its architectural treasures in a traditional style. Also, discover one of the most beautiful and authentic markets of the region, the Dordogne being one of the most famous "Food Destination" of France.
After some free time to enjoy the market and for lunch, your afternoon will take you to the small village of Domme. Walking tour in the village and off to La Roque Gageac savor a boat ride on the River Dordogne on board an authentic Gabarre. Finally, reach the small village of Beynac to admire the castle and participate in a walking tour through the villages, free time for personal discovery.
Night in Sarlat
Day 5: PADIRAC CHASM / ROCAMADOUR VISIT / MANOR OF EYRIGNAC GARDENS
Set off on an excursion to the Padirac abyss, a natural, 75 metre chasm. Once at the bottom of the chasm you will be taken deep inside the natural cave on a unique underground River boat ride.
Then off to the pilgrimage and fortress town of Rocamadour. Visit the renowned Notre Dame Chapel and one of the most dramatic pilgrimage sites in Europe. Finally stop at the Gardens of Eyrignac Manor, one of the most famous and beautiful topiary gardens of France.
Night in Sarlat.
Day 6: PREHISTORY & THE ART OF THE CAVES IN THE DORDOGNE
Thousands of years ago unknown artists created breath taking paintings, engravings and etchings on the walls of natural caves of which the most extraordinary examples are found in the Dordogne area. Today you will be introduced to this art and to the fascinating civilization that created it: Modern Man. Start the day in Les Eyzies and follow your guide on an English guided tour of the National Prehistory Museum one of the most complete in the world in the number of prehistoric artifacts.
Then, we will take you to Rouffignac Cave, the cave of 160 Mammouths, that possesses original and authentic etchings, engravings and drawings. Finally, visit world famous Lascaux II a perfect reproduction of the original cave. Here, you will discover 90% of the paintings that can be seen in the original and will be awed by the more than 20 year achievement to create this facsimile.
Return to Sarlat and end of our services.
- 5 night accommodation in 3 *** charming hotels (2 nights in Bordeaux, 3 in Sarlat) in double room. taxes and breakfast included
- 5 Visits and wine tasting in classified growth chateaus of Bordeaux
- Guided walking tour of Sarlat, Rocamadour
- Boat ride on the River Dordogne
- Entrance fees to Padirac, Eyrignac gardens, National Prehistory Museum, Rouffignac and Lascaux caves.
- Walking tour in Beynac, Domme
- Services of an English speaking driver guide in Bordeaux and Sarlat
- Travel in recent, comfortable and fully equipped minivans
- Small group tour of 8 passengers maximum
- Fresh small bottle of water per day per person.
Price does not include:
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums or activities other than mentioned
- Meals and drinks, except for brekafast
- Eventual gratuities and personal expenses.
Minimum of 2 people required (Jan 1 .. Oct 31)
Departure at 9:00 AM.
$1544.00 USD per adult.
$1544.00 USD per child.
Minimum of 2 people required:
Departure at 9:00 AM
Deposit and Cancellation policies
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 80% of the total price will be refunded in case of a cancellation occurring and being confirmed more than 15 days prior to Tour Date. In case of a cancellation occuring closer to the Tour Date, refunds are not guaranteed. It is to the Tour Operator's discretion to issue a refund. Please note: On Special Dates (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Valentines Day and July 14) there will be no refund for tours purchased and confirmed, even if the cancellation occurs more than 15 days prior to the tour date).
How to Book
- Click the Book Now button.
- Complete the booking procedure.
- If your tour is available, within 2 business days you'll receive an email with the local operator's contact details as well as the exact address for your meeting point.
- If your tour is not available for the date you requested, we'll offer to rebook on an available tour, or we will refund your credit card.
- Print your email confirmation and give it to the driver/guide at the start of your tour.
ADD TO WISH LIST