This walking tour will take you around the Louvre Museum a historical landmark and the world\'s most visited museum.
The Musée du Louvre is home to permanent displays ranging from prehistoric to 21st-century art. With VIP tickets that will allow you to skip the entrance line, we will take you on a tour starting at the Grand Louvre glass pyramids, designed by I.M. Pei, to the many permanent exhibitions inside, including remnants of the medieval Louvre Palace — used as a fortress by Philip II in the 12th century — and renowned masterpieces including the Venus de Milo, a famous Ancient Greek marble statue believed to depict the goddess Aphrodite, and Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, which has inspired a sense of enigmatic fascination for centuries.
It’s no easy task to traverse the entire museum’s collections in a single day, as it houses everything from Egyptian, Greek, Etruscan, Eastern and Roman antiquities, Islamic art, prints and drawings to over 7,500 paintings dating from the 13th century to 1848. But this three-hour tour will undoubtedly give you a wholesome sense of the museum’s offerings.
· The entrance ticket to the museum is included with this tour
· You will be led by a licensed museum guide
· There is an authorization fee for this guided visit
· There will be time after the tour to both eat at the museum cafeteria and shop for souvenirs
· Cloakroom check is mandatory for any luggage or wheelchairs that you may have
· There will be English-speaking guides throughout the tour
To book your place, first chose your date above, and then select the correct numbers of people in your group. Then click Confirm Booking.
If you are not yet sure of your dates, then click Add to Wishlist below. This will make it easy for you to find this page again when you return to France.com later: just click on My Wishlist at the top of any page to return to any pages that you have marked in this way.